In Physical Education we aim to stimulate and maintain pupil interest and enjoyment in a wide range of activities within Physical Education.
We also aim to promote Health and Fitness, enabling pupils to gain an understanding of the effects of exercise on the body and the role of exercise in a fit and healthy lifestyle.
We hope to enable pupils to see Physical Education as a major feature in our lives related to leisure, employment and culture, and enable pupils to develop a range of personal qualities such as safety awareness, cooperation, concern for others, initiative, determination and independence. We also hope to enable the pupils to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities.
We aim to provide opportunity for pupils to achieve excellence in a chosen activity, and to encourage as many pupils as possible to involve themselves in co-curricular sport and school events.
- Extensive on-site facilities for all major sports.
- Opportunity for Senior pupils to undertake Higher.
- Excellent Higher PE results.
- Introduction of Advanced Higher PE this year.
- Major sporting occasions such as Sports Weekend, Senior/Prep School Swimming Galas and Cross Country Championships.
- Outstanding co-curricular opportunities through a range of successful clubs and societies.
- Regular inter-school fixtures throughout the seasons.
- Many pupils go on to represent District and National Teams.
4 Badminton Courts
Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball Courts
Indoor Hockey/3 Cricket lanes /Football Area
25m, 4 lanes with seating for spectators
Sprung floor Movement area
8 changing rooms with showering facilities
5 Multi Gym Units
3 Rowing Ergometers
4 Cycle Ergometer
1 Smith Machine
15 all-weather, 1 indoor
4 pitches on campus
3 pitches on outskirts of village
1 pavillion with 6 changing rooms
1 Astro turf Pitch
3 grass pitches on campus
1 pavillion with 4 changing rooms
1 pitch on outskirts of village
5 wickets, 1 Astro turf wicket on outskirts of village
11 outdoor net lanes
3 indoor net lanes
Prep School: Swimming, Games Skills, Movement Skills, Gymnastics, Dance, Health Related Fitness
Junior 1 - Form II: Hockey (Girls), Rugby (Boys), Swimming, Basketball, Gymnastics, Dance, Health Related Fitness, Cross Country, Tennis (Girls), Cricket (Boys), Athletics
Forms III - V: Rugby, Football, Hockey, Waterpolo, Basketball, Volleyball, Squash, Weight Training, Step, Fitness, Athletics, Tennis, Cricket, Softball
Form VI: Higher Physical Education, Advanced Higher Physical Education